Monday, January 23, 2012

Grey, Kraut, Chocolate


Silas has on grey footies. They are both donning hats and mittens, just for fun. Leon notices Silas' hat and pj's match. So I ask him what color they are...and he says white. So I talk about grey for a sec, remarking that it's one of my favorite colors right now. He says it's his favorite too....and then he goes over to Silas, says," You are all grey and I love you!" and gives him a hug. *lol*

















Current "Leon-isms."

When he is expressing his bravado he'll say things like, "I'm stronger of (than) you! I'm faster of you."



'Leon, can you open the door/carry this, etc...'

"I can't right now, I'm full of hands."




His favorite breakfast right now is this: eggs florentine on english muffin. He adores it and gets all excited and does his funny laugh. I need to learn how to make hollandaise sauce again, it kills and I know he would love it.






Today I woke up and got right into it. Breakfast, dishes, cut my thumb on a can...laundry, getting ready to make tamales, a big batch of sauer kraut cut, pounded and ready to ferment.






Mixed in a few juniper berries and some beet for color. Purty. 






We had a special treat of frozen bananas with chocolate almond butter coconut sauce. So good that Silas licked his bowl, lol. 













Yummy yum. See, my kids aren't totally deprived, lol. 







1 comment: