Thursday, January 5, 2012

Treasures


Here are a few more pretty things from Gma Mary's stash. I'm enjoying them so much! 



How exquisite is this pin? It's about 3 inches long...so pretty. Wish I could embroider that well, those bullion knots are daunting.



He's about 2 inches, and I think he came all the way from Easter Island!! 



The face is a little mussed on this old Continental, but you wind her up and she goes like a charm! Pretty amazing seeings how it probably hasn't been wound in 20 years or more. 



Beautiful wool tapestry. Ecuador? 



Sterling thimble collection. 



I guess what a good girl got back in the day was more work, helping her mother do the darning!! 




So intricate and amazing. There are initials on quite a few I have yet to figure out. 




Several old leather boxes from Italy. This one's maybe 4 inches. 




Stick pin. 


Oh, just randomly found this the other day...I won this in a drawing from the local jewelers club. They polished their own cabochons. Tiger's eye is purty. 


More stick pins...






Earrings I'd love to convert. Anyone have a soldering iron I can borrow? 




Funny shell pin...silver around, obviously hand done. 







Whole box full of stuff. I hope to revamp some of the broken chains and such eventually. *sigh* If I can ever get my life organized. 



Pieced....



Weird old pocket watch? 









These pins have Bethlehem marked on the back. That's the fun thing about my Gma's house...you can travel around the world, sort of, between all her souvenirs and picture slides. 


...and randomly...


Not sure if I'm diggin' this teeshirt scarf...it does help keep my neck warmer though. This is hugely popular in Pinterest right now, and they're fun and fast to make. 






No comments:

Post a Comment