Randomly in the car yesterday Leon pipes up with, "Daddy, I don't like skunks. They can spway stinky stuff."
Ha hah. So we get to Steele Creek to hike today, and as we're going around the lake we had to walk through quite the odiferous area where a skunk had obviously been. Yuck! Funny coincidence.
Those boys have to find a hiking stick right off the bat. You could tell they were glad to get outside, they were hollering up a storm and I bet the whole park could hear them, lol.
Beaver gnawings.
Up the long hill...
The drab was interspersed with lovely rich mosses.
Mud butt, lol.
Lots of lichens...
Today there were "blueberry mountains," as Leon calls them.
Winter is kind of blah, but there is still the tree silhouettes. I like them.
This lichen was nice...I love how velvety they can look.
We had to hike along a rivulet for quite a while. I forgot all the rain yesterday would mean dealing with this. Leon kept trying to step in the water, despite warnings of cold wet feet.
It was good to get out. The air smelled amazing!
We did it in our usual time...3.4 miles in about 3 hours. It's quite the meandering stroll.











No comments:
Post a Comment