Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hungry...and More Organized


Overheard Leon saying to Silas, "I'm really hungry like a skunk....or like a giraffe." 

I guess he's really lovin' the metaphors lately.

And then tonight he was hungry like a possum, again. I really do not know where this medley of animals is coming from, but it cracks me up.


In other (boring) news...the old oil cabinet finally got pulled out from behind the door and now it's where I can get to it. I decided to store extra bathroom things and my vintage linens in it. This was in an  old garage in FL...it was used to store cans of oil or something and was really dirty. When I moved into my little house I found it and cleaned it up spick and span.








Pretty! I love them so much, I can't help but buy more when thrifting, especially for pennies. When I look at those tiny stitches I think about how many hours someone worked on that item...and how amazing it is. Such a lost art. 







Old "Bethie" pic that resurfaced...this was taken the fall of, hum, 2001. I was 25. 



We're also slowly making progress on the fabric front. These cabinets Mom knocked together have been a lifesaver. Tubs are not ideal for storing material. 

There is still a small mountain left to deal with. Argh. I try to find some to part with, but it's very difficult. 






No comments:

Post a Comment