The time has come to say goodbye.
I have nursed both babies in this chair.
It has been drawn on with permanent marker.
Many tears shed and stories read in its cushy seat.
The foam pieces have been pulled out with little hands through a small rip and scattered all over the floor and picked up to stuff back in again.
Well worn. Well loved.
Goodbye old chair. You found a new home today with a random stranger who knocked to make sure you were free for the taking. So long.
There is a new seat in the boys' room to take it's place. One loaned by Israel after moving into his new digs.
This little man already tried to draw on it with crayon last night. *sigh* Big brother has taught him it's ok to decorate the furniture. It scrubbed out.
"Blah blah blah..."
Leon is my photographer.
I have been wanting an orange chair for a terribly long time.
It has a lovely rocking motion, and the boys are playing all over it today. It's a good thing we don't ever buy new furniture, because children put them through their paces and I seem unable to protect our inanimates.
Hello, new friend. Many happy times ahead.







I got this chair from Big Bob from Bristol Sign. I'm sure many, many beers have been downed on it long before it entered our lives. Israel and I got it when we moved into our apartment. The night we picked it up, it smelled up the entire apartment with secondhand smoke. Minutes later a pastor came to visit with two church members. I'm sure Israel and I got pegged as smokers from that point on.
ReplyDeleteChair, you will forever be a part of my butt's heart.
Sniff, sniff.