A few weeks back I had breakfast at Tupelo Honey with a friend. That meal has been lurking in my head ever since. It was called a Breakfast Bowl.
Here is their description: » Seasoned pinto beans and goat cheese grits topped with two over medium eggs, two maple peppered bacon strips, cheddar cheese and Sunshot
Farm salsa (substitute one soysage for bacon).
That is just about my idea of a perfect breakfast or lunch. Yum.
This egg was so perfect I had to take a pic. Nothing like farm fresh eggs!
So I made the knock-off version. Regular cheese grits, garbanzos because that's what I had, egg over easy, and fresh salsa. We're not going to have good tomatoes for too much longer, or fresh herbs either, so I want to take advantage. Too lazy to brown bacon this time...but I thought it was great without. More to come!
Here are my running shoes, a Merrell pace glove. It took a few weeks to get used to them, ie, painful joints and feet, but not they're great. No pavement though, that might hurt. I'm just starting Week 6! It's starting to be more enjoyable, but we'll see how the last 2 weeks of long runs go.
Israel finished up 9 weeks last week, and did a race on Sat and finished under 30 minutes! So I'm feeling a little pressure from those who have finished before me, hah.
You got this! Going for the Turkey Trot?
ReplyDeleteI would like to! I know I'll be way at the back of the pack, but it would just be fun to participate. Did you see that we would get a tee and medallion? Sounds sweet!
ReplyDeleteI just love to keep up with you and the boys thru your blog. They are growing so fast...I can't believe how much bigger they look since we saw them last. And Leon seems to like the ladies...already holding hands. How adorable.
ReplyDelete