The boys woke up early this morning and were getting started on their day while I tried to open my eyes in the bed.
All of a sudden I realized it was quiet.
Very very quiet.
That means trouble. And a decision. Get out of my nice warm bed and start the day, or ignore it and hope for the best.
I got up.
And the boys were sitting in the dog bed with Lucy.
There was chocolate on Leon's face.
Somehow I left a piece of Toblerone on the counter where he could see it after pulling up a chair.
It was dark chocolate.
Sooo....we had some beans for breakfast, lol, and then I thought maybe it would be a nice day to try to take some of our traditional fall pictures. It was not the best of times. I try SO HARD to make it fun, but Leon runs around like a little banshee, and Silas gets preoccupied with sticks and leaves and won't look at the camera. This is getting harder the older they get! So, here are a few shots from the day. The boys were impossible and the lighting was impossible...I didn't get that "glint" in their eyes except in a couple. But they're fun to look at.
Just picture me bribing with apricots in the background and trying to get them to smile normally. Hah.
Bow legged.
Leaf angels...
"Oooh, I saw a snake in there!"
"Get out, snake."
"Nake? Where nake?"
Our little monkey boy.
"I might smile but I won't look at you..."
Far, far away....
Now I know how my dad felt the year Lee and I were about this age, and all he could get out of me was a grimace.
At this point Leon had a(nother) melt down and started off towards the car.
Finally caught up and dragged him back...but he wasn't happy about it.
'What about that game we played that one time where you tried to hit me with the soccer ball? Want to play that while I take your picture?'
"Gonna get you Mommy!"
Look at that vindictive little grin.
Zoned and getting sleepy.
"Peek-boo!" This is the best pic I got of him all day, and it's not great.
Grumpy little man.
Shew. Exhausting. I have new-found respect for childrens' photographers. It's so hard to gently guide them and still get candid shots. Posing does not work. At all. Grrr.
It's supposed to rain the next 3 days. I hope there will still be some color left for another try. We'll laugh about this day in about 10 years, I hope.































No comments:
Post a Comment