Warm days we get itchy to get outside, so Aaron scoped the weather and planned a lovely Saturday's hike at Laurel Falls. I haven't been there since our swimming trip last summer when my lips turned blue. This was not one of those trips.
This bridge is a little scary with small children.
Downriver.
Upriver.
I spy...Leon's little head.
Loved all the ferns and mosses.
Everybody loved that backpack! He got a lot of comments on it.
Aaron's not being funny...I thought he did that on purpose until he told me he hooked his thumbs into the pack while hiking.
Bill Thompson joined us on the journey.
Purty....Bill took this picture.
Poor Silas...these early spring trips are hard. I underestimated how well to dress him, and the breeze was cold.
Snack time...the only way to get Leon down all those stairs.
Leon was feeling ornery when I asked to take his picture and stood there like this for a while...
...until he had the brainstorm to walk backwards towards me.
Finally, a face shot.
Laurel buds coming on.
Waiting on Leon and I...
This worked pretty well...Leon held onto the dog leash and it kind of pulled him along. Bill was kind and carried Silas back out. Almost three miles back...tired and hungry, we went to Ridgewood and waited for about an hour to satisfy that BBQ craving. Yummo. And so ended our day, and Aaron's last one being 33.

























No comments:
Post a Comment