Aaron got the itch to make cuban coffe, so he ordered a small Bialetti stove top. This thing looks sweet, and it's been a classic for ages. When you travel and step into a coffee shop, you can find them all over the world. Simple and well designed lasts.
Let there be lattes for everyone! (The kids and I have mostly milk...mmm. They love them so much!)
I wanted to make a quick and simple dessert, and remembered this recipe from my grandmother. We made it a lot growing up. In fact, Diane, I distinctly remember making this by myself for a meal when you came over, and I was about 5. I'm sure some assistance was provided, but I got the credit and my little heart was busting was pride over this achievement, hah.
Very easy recipe to throw together.
Impossible Coconut Pie
4 eggs
1/2 cp sugar
2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cp bisquick - or self rising flour. Just add a 1/4-1/2 tsp b. powder and a smidge of salt.
1/4 cp melted butter
1/2 - 1 cp shredded coconut, unsweetened. (Probably have to get from a health food store.)
Beat eggs a bit, add sugar and half the milk. Blend in flour and other ingredients. Pour into a 10" glass pie dish and bake at '350 for about 45 minutes? Somewhere around there, until a knife pulls out clean.
Let it cool and enjoy! The coconut rises to the top, then you have a custard-like layer, and then the flour forms a sort of crust on the bottom. So good.
No comments:
Post a Comment