'Silas, please don't put your hand in there, it's not safe.' (Down into the chute of the veggie juicer.)
"It not on!!" Lil' smarty pants.
The tantrums have begun in earnest....or maybe they have just been escalating until now, they require much parenting Skill and Brains and Deviousness.
But mostly, they can't be avoided. Wanting a lost sippy cup in the middle of the night resulted in at least a half hour of crying/screaming. Fortunately I found it somehow, stumbling in the dark, or there would have been longer repercussions.
Wanting the small blanket spread over him on top of the larger comforter, which I was also under. Impossible.
When this little man gets set on something, he sticks it out to the end. This is when you start to resort to bribes, hah. It's terrible, but not more so than losing your mind.
This little world must be perfect, and perfectly dictated. It's exhausting. The other morning he was crying and very upset for at least 15 minutes because he wanted a WHOLE biscuit, instead of the half he's sharing with Leon. Never mind there's also a whole egg florentine english muffin there too. *sigh*
And then the other day Aaron and I were talking about something, I must have gotten a little passionate and worked up, 'cause he came up and patted my knee and said, "Talm down, Momma, t(c)alm down."
Our lil growin' up man with a mind of his own.
And a smashing pair of boots.
I was so happy he allowed pictures.
The tantrums have begun in earnest....or maybe they have just been escalating until now, they require much parenting Skill and Brains and Deviousness.
But mostly, they can't be avoided. Wanting a lost sippy cup in the middle of the night resulted in at least a half hour of crying/screaming. Fortunately I found it somehow, stumbling in the dark, or there would have been longer repercussions.
Wanting the small blanket spread over him on top of the larger comforter, which I was also under. Impossible.
When this little man gets set on something, he sticks it out to the end. This is when you start to resort to bribes, hah. It's terrible, but not more so than losing your mind.
This little world must be perfect, and perfectly dictated. It's exhausting. The other morning he was crying and very upset for at least 15 minutes because he wanted a WHOLE biscuit, instead of the half he's sharing with Leon. Never mind there's also a whole egg florentine english muffin there too. *sigh*
And then the other day Aaron and I were talking about something, I must have gotten a little passionate and worked up, 'cause he came up and patted my knee and said, "Talm down, Momma, t(c)alm down."
Our lil growin' up man with a mind of his own.
And a smashing pair of boots.
I was so happy he allowed pictures.
*stomp*
That grin. I will do anything you ask of me.
PS - Tuesday a.m. was rough. First he started screaming, in the car, about having his toothbrush because I brought mine. We were late and I was trying to rush. I even had to pull over and talk to him, got him calmed down...then it was another fit over his sippy cup, saying we had to turn around and get it. Argh. We still missed half of story time I think, without getting it.













aww what a cutie. When does he turn 3? Jack is rapidly approaching the same milestone in July. I can't even believe it. How DID this happen? And so fast?!
ReplyDeleteHis birthday is April 19th. I have no idea where the time has gone!
DeleteI keep trying to figure out how to get your email address, all I have is your old one from back when, don't think you still use it. Can't message off your profile...help!
Summer turns 3 next week and I hear ya on the tantrums. But Doug has been such a great example to me - he is sooo patient with the babies and he's the best at turning a tantrum into a calm happy child in a few seconds with just soft, kind words. I love it! He's gifted IMO.
ReplyDelete