Before I forget I wanted to write about two funny stories from the trip back.
We left rather late after a nice breakfast and packing, so we knew it would be a long day. The kids were restless little troopers, and we drove, and drove, and drove.
Somewhere along the way Leon got fed up and said," This is NOT VERY FUN! I don't want to drive to Grammy's house ever again!"
He changed his mind after a week or so of being home, and occasionally when we get in the car even Silas will talk about driving to Grammy's house.
The best story happened somewhere longabouts Georgia, I think? Leon had been awake while Silas slept, and I gave him a cream filled cookie. He proceeded to lick out the cream, and then laid the two cookie parts down in the middle of the console between them. Then he fell asleep.
Silas woke up, looked around, and got excited when he saw those cookies just waiting for him. "I pind it! (To rhyme with find.) I pind it Daddy! Mommy, I pind a cookie! (Then he proceeded to hold the cookie up to the window to show the man driving a passing car...) I pind it!!!"
Anyway, we died laughing. That's what a long day in the car does to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment