Monday, November 28, 2011

Monday


Monday it was off to see the Science Center.



...chilin' in the balmy breezes, waiting for everyone to get ready. 


Replica of a flying machine. 





Lots of bugs...


Race car track. 





Airplane cockpit....Silas loved this. "Push dat button right dere!" His favorite sentence and action had free reign today. 





This exhibit was fun - you could join together all the pipes for the balls to run down, illustrating gravity.


The boys had fun and we did too, lol. 





Funny weird pics in the dark planetarium. 





This shows behind the screen and all the speakers.


This show was about the Grand Canyon and water conservation. 


Another cool replica.


Floor piano. 



The dinosaur exhibit was phenomenal. I don't think I've ever seen full-size cast models before, and they had some huge ones! T-Rex was truly daunting. I won't be watching Jurassic Park anytime soon. 





Triceratops was quite large as well. 


Our little archeologists.











They even got to be on TV...ha hah.





Hurricane force wind tunnel.


And then, the laser show. Goodness knows why we went to this thing, shoulda known by the title it was going to be a lame 80's thing. One family got up and left...they didn't have little kids. Leon and Silas seemed to be into it, so we stayed...for song after song after song. Whew. Silas had a nice little nap, while I tried to keep myself awake by taking time lapse pics, lol. 











Then we went down to the nature walk part to see some critters. 


This guy was huge, I think it's one of the Cuban variety that are taking over the native habitat.


Miss these little guys...


This dude was in a pen where you could reach through, which Leon did, thinking it was a fake turtle I guess. You should have seen him jump when the foot he grabbed moved as the turtle pulled away! So funny. 





Fell in the sink hole. 











Lots of gators and turtles.







Leon had so much fun running around...he had this big grin on his face. 





I got terrible pictures of this. but they had a fun interactive display where you could pick oranges off some trees on the right, feed them into the bicycle-powered conveyor that would drop them down to crate. Sorry, guess you need to have been there...anyway, Silas picked and fed them, Aaron ran the cycle...





....Leon crated them up and brought them over to the slide where the boxes would dump out the oranges that would return to the trees. They really liked this part and we spent a long time picking and toting citrus.












They cooked up some pizza and changed the oil in a car....


Finally worn out and ready to go! It was such a fun day. 








No comments:

Post a Comment