Friday, July 28, 2006

Very Cool

I have spent the last 15 minutes trying to figure out WHERE in the world I found this blog. Grrr. That's been happening a lot lately, due to the fact I'm using DH's mac and am not allowed to Clutter Things and use the bookmarks and In General make his computer my own. Bummer.

But anyway...somehow I found this Cool person who decided on an Awesome Project last year. Well, awesome in some ways and not in others.

Check it out!

I'm actually excited about her project this year, which is making her entire wardrobe out of 100% post-consumer, recycled materials. I'm going to spend some time in deep comtemplation. Do I want to tackle this as well? Would I be able to find time to sew the things I would need? How far would I take it, and do I really want to be the wacko weirdo in the family? (Oh...too late...I already am. I have kefir-babies and chickens in the backyard 5 minutes from downtown.) *sigh*

The point would be focusing on what I have and can make vs. being discontent and wanting to go shopping and spend more than neccesary when we need to use those funds for other things. (Namely...a new furnace so I won't freeze again this winter or take to living at the library or grocery store.) Plus, it would expand my designing experience, which I would like to try anyway.

I have a lot of material I need to use up anyway...so clothes would not be a big deal. Plus the fact that I really do my best to shop at the local thrift stores.

The whole shoes/undergarment thing would be more dificult. But then, I've had most of the same shoes for years, except for cheap Walmart flips and such. But that's been solved because DH and I both bought Chaco's and will never buy flips again, except to get them refurbished, of course. That's why we decided on them to begin with. Less of the "wear it out-throw it out" routine. I think that's a good thing. Plus, my feet are just very happy to have such a good support system in place.

Hmmm....undergarments. Depending on how long I would set a goal for, I think I'd be ok in this department. Does getting stuff on clearance at Gap count? Not sure I'm ready to tackle t-shirt panties quite yet. Sounds like the perfect opportunity for wedgie-world.

Maybe I should just be happy with all the clothes hanging in my closet and try my best not to buy anything new for a while. I have a bunch of hippie wrap skirts like my mom used to wear, and enough jeans to last a while. The only problem is tops, so I guess I need to start figuring out how to remedy that situation.

I'll let you know what I decide. DH might veto this project, but I doubt it.

1 comment:

  1. but as busty as I am there is not enough tshirts in the world to hold me up!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete