For Memorial Day we decided to go on up to White Top once again. It's a lovely hike and amazing view, one of our favorite spots and even more enjoyable now that Silas is old enough to hike the whole way himself.
We really enjoyed the many shades of mountain azalea - the first time to see them up there. I guess because things are blooming early this year....
Into the deep, dark woods...
Lucy trying to find a spot of shade...
Sit back and rest a spell....Silas found his own recliner.
Daddy and Leon did some rock climbing...he liked it so much he climbed it about 3 times.
Buzzard Rock from up above.
On the way back we decided to trek on over to David Greer's house. He's a folk artist that Israel discovered way up in the boonies, by way of the paintings nailed to the outside of the buildings.
This is one room in a small old shed he keeps them in. I was happy to see lots of birds this year, instead of trains!
Lovely bird houses.
The boys kept busy in the creek.
Chatting with Mrs. Greer, his mother. I have never met the artist personally, he is very reclusive, but I think Aaron got to talk to him once.
All in all a fun trip! Tired out boys...
We bought a couple of paintings for $15 each and a birdhouse.












No comments:
Post a Comment