Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Boo-bear-wees


It's May in Fl, and that means it's time to go pick blueberries. Yeah! Very exciting, it's been 8 years since we moved and I picked here last. The berries are just as good as I remember. 



Daddy let Leon use his hat for the day, warning him strongly to take good care of it. He did...even later at Grandmas after swimming he kept track of it, and made sure it was in the car when we left. That boy is getting most responsible. 








Silas turned into a serious little picker boy. I was most impressed. He lasted waaaaay longer than Leon, who got hot and distracted and grew tired quickly. They both did really well though, we have more than enough to eat and make a pie!



I kept telling them to eat as many as they wanted...they were focused on getting berries in that bucket. I actually wanted them to eat a bunch, because now they're charging you a buck per person just to go out in the field! I was determined to get my money's worth... "Here, eat this big fat one!" Nope, in the bucket it goes. 



Leon making sure there are no sour red ones, and lecturing Silas about how to tell when they're ripe. 



Grandma came with and picked a good many as well. 




She's 88 and doing extremely well for her age. In my head she's this strong woman who can work circles around me and everyone else...it's been an adjustment to realize that now she gets tired out a bit and needs to catch her breath every now and then. I hope to be this amazing when I reach her age. 

Now we're going to go home and eat blueberries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment