Friday, May 18, 2012

Back In Time


I kept finding stashes of family slides in different boxes. I brought a few back and was able to take pics of them projected on the wall. 



Behold four generations. 1977.



This is my best chicken friend ever, Rhoda.



Good friend Diane - she and my mom met in elementary school. 



1978, after Lee was born. 




This was my swingset at the A-frame. I spent many long hours playing here, and even watched my gma and uncle kill a rattlesnake and skin it on the truck bed once. 























Lots of swimming in the lake...







I vaguely recollect this outfit, lol, but have no idea where it came from. 







This is shortly after we moved into the A-frame. November 1981











Here's our first goat, "Milking White," possessed of a huge set of horns. Can you guess who named her, lol? I was terrified of her for most of my childhood, after the first experience of being shoved. 



Uncle Geo, great gma Nana Ross



I had a beautiful new room right under the A-frame roof. There were many nights that a whip-poor-will would sing me to sleep, and the moon would shine in through the window. 




She's rubbing her horns on the house, the bugger.







Sail boatin'.



We lived in an ancient two-story house built before the turn on the century on the Fowler Grove. We started homeschooling at that time, (for my 2nd grade year) and this was where we had class. Going through that house a few years ago before it was torn down I realized it was covered in bead board! I wish I had been able to salvage some. 

These might be the only pictures I remember bring taken in this room. 







Aunt Cindy and Uncle George's wedding. It was quite the exciting and memorable experience. 







Gma Mary and my mom sewed her dress and mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment