Saturday, May 5, 2012

Used to Call it Home


Well, I convinced Aaron to drive up to New Smyrna for our beach trip. I kind of wanted to drop in on some old haunts, plus the beach is really great down Canaveral way. So we did. 





First stop off 95 was the fairgrounds and the Ag Center.











This is the building where we held our large 4-H events. I spent many a nerve-wracked hour there, waiting until time to give my demonstrations. 




Next stop: Treadway Road. It's a stretch of shell road off the pavement a little ways. I spent a lot of time here, about 13 years. 



There used to be a big beam arch over top, and no gate. 



 Ratty little trailer...looks so weird to see it again after so long. There was a screened in porch on the back side that doubled the living space. What's funny is the flag/antennae pole. That's probably the same one I shinnied up so many times as a kid. We liked to hang out on the roof...no one ever fell off. 




The bane of my barefoot existence. One time a barb got lodged so deep I was hobbling around for weeks it seemed. 



Mmm, the palmettos were bloomin' and bees a buzzin'. Haven't smelled them in years...



Big ole gopher in the middle of the road. The boys thought he was cool.



Bumpity bump bumps.





This place is towards town across from what used to be Walmart. It was there ever since I can remember. Nope, we never paid the place a visit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment