I just got back from a little grocery shopping at our local Kroger's. My husband recently decided that he was never going to set foot in a Walmart again, and while I agree with his reasons and view, its SO aggravating to try to learn how to get the best deals from the other local stores. They have some sales that help to offset the extra cost, but I have to be tenacious and pay much closer attention because often their system isn't up to date with their flyer. Grrr. (This is boring I know, and hereby classified as a RANT.)
One small illustration...I noticed that some of their juice was on sale. So I started looking and comparing, sale price and different brands. After being "spoiled" with Walmart's selection I just got so aggravated at having to stand there for 5 minutes trying to find a store brand that was 100% juice! Most of it was that cocktail stuff with tons of extra sugar. (Bad words...I'm thinking bad words....heh.) So anyway...I finally decided on juicy juice, F.Y.I.
I must be getting old...*grin* and too set in my ways to get so ruffled over switching my routine.
Fortunately we have a little flexibility with our budget right now. I just feel angry sometimes that food costs so much, ya know? Even going to the farmer's market downtown doesn't help a ton. *sigh* I have a lot to learn. Can't wait til the garden is producing more than lettuce.
No comments:
Post a Comment