Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Garden Update

The fence fits into its surroundings now that the glads are up, herbs planted, and so forth. I'm still trying to figure out something to plant for the trellis. Somehow I managed to kill the clematis within a week of getting it...go figure. So I'd like to find something a little more care-free and not invasive like the thousands of morning glory seedlings that have been popping up for months. They drive me crazy because they'll cover a plant in a matter of days, seems like. Any suggestions? Perrenial would be nice, I think.



I'm seeing little green beans...yeah-hoo! The potatoes are looking good, but I don't think they've bloomed yet. Little cukes are growing fast too. That's going to be so awesome...to go out and pick fresh stuff for supper. I'm so excited! Oh...and nasturium blooms are great in salad, in case you haven't tried them. They have a pleasant aroma and slightly peppery taste. Supposedly they keep away some of the pests, but I don't know how well. The chickens seem to like to peck the leaves. I'm hoping they don't find the cukes, as they are climbing the exterior fence.


Oh....here's a few pics of the chickens too. I'm starting to count down the weeks until they lay. They are almost 3 months old, so hopefully in a month or two we'll start seeing a few.



We like to joke about this bird having a beard like my dh. *grin*



I lost the other buff orpington, so we only have one left, named "Marigold" by my sis-in-laws.

1 comment:

  1. I like Georgette. The gold one and the white ones are my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete