Monday, June 5, 2006

Manic Monday

Last 3 movies I watched...?

Let me think...(I wouldn't have to if I had been posting reviews like I intended...)

1. The Terminal

with Tom Hanks. I love everything he does. (Oooh...time to watch "Castaway" again.)

2. The Squid and the Whale

I'm not quite sure why dh likes this one. Indie film...a little disturbing. Co-directed by Wes Anderson, a favorite director of ours...that could be a part of it. Has a "Life Aquatic" or "Royal Tenebaum" flavor.

3. A Mighty Wind

Christopher Guest is awesome. Another favorite director who has also done "Waiting for Guffman" and "Best of Show." If you love the "mock-umentary" style, you'll love these. We cried laughing when the director at the auditorium sings "Ave Maria." Features Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara, along with others of their regular cast. Fun folk music flair, written by the directors and cast members.

5 comments:

  1. to here about your mamaw. My prayers are with you and your family. I am sure that is very hard for you papaw. When my grandfather passed it was hard for grandma. You just have to be there and love them.

    <><

    Tina Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. We rented it last night. I like the sets, the chipped paint and old furniture feel of the houses, the typical professor clothing of the father and the portrayal of the older son totally idolizing his father until almost the end of the movie. I found the younger son disturbing, but what a cute kid! All in all not a terrible move but not my fav by a long shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where have you gone Beth????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh...maybe I've been busy! I keep meaning to update...I'm still trying to get some pictures taken I want to post, of the garden and chix. Some day soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So how do you broil tomatoes and peppers for salsa? And do you pull the seeds out of the peppers first? AND - what kind of peppers do you use?

    ReplyDelete