You can tell it's the end of summer. Time to start clearing out the garden and planting last minute greens.
Baby spinach.
The old lacinato or dinosaur kale is trying to put out new growth, which the harlequin beetles love. Grr, these guys are annoying. If you touch the plant they drop off on the ground. The boys are great at helping to find them and drown them in a bucket with soap and vinegar. I'll be glad when they're gone!
Still picking green beans. I grew Provider bush beans this year, and they did fabulously. I just tore out the ones from May planting, and they were still blooming and pushing out new growth! This is the second planting, and they are loaded.
Weird squash thing, must have been a random seed from the compost pile.
Leon wanted me to take a picture of him inspecting a tomato plant. Don't you love the way he dressed himself in two-tone red? Kinda snazzy, lol.
These tiny cherry tomatoes volunteer and come up every year. They're not that great, but when all the other maters are gone they taste pretty darn good.
Radish went to seed, now the babies are coming up with some lettuce and dill.
Silas LOVES the dirt. I had a whole section all dug up and raked smooth...
The cutest little muddy toes you ever saw.
Stomp, stomp, shuffle...
Not smooth for long! (Or clean for long.)










No comments:
Post a Comment