Hopefuly in a few more weeks I'll have a bit of time for blogging. Between sickness, the holidays, painting, and trip to FL, things have been too crazy to really sit down and think about writing something.
In fact, I should be working on finishing a painting as I write, but I have been distracted lately and try as I might, picking up the paintbrush again after "vacation" is just SOOO hard!
Oh...I could include a pic of one that I finally finished before we left. I'm pretty pleased with it, though I had a hard time towards the end before I got those last red peppers in. It's really hard to mix colors in our front room. The lighting changes throughout the day, from day to day, and I guess I'm not skilled enough to deal with and compensate for it. As I progressed, I felt like the colors were too greyed down, but oh well. It's finished and I'll have to live with it now. The reds make it pop, so I'm happy.

Later on I'll post pics of my great grandmother's magnificent new house. It will probably be the only time in my life to see a house so grand. It made me happy that it's not mine, that we can strive to find a simpler life than that. Orlando is a crazy place, and I'm not at all sorry that we moved. The traffic is insane...it wears on your brain and your life all the time. I felt anxious the whole week when we were out...how to avoid traffic, get places faster, etc... I don't think it's healthy.
And now I'm rambling just to hear my head rattle. Toodles!
Wow, what a beautiful painting. I honestly thought it was a photograph at first!
ReplyDeleteI love how the peppers look glistening. You\'re extremely talented!
ReplyDeleteLove the pepper painting! (Remember when I gaped at the photograph and thought it was your painting?)
ReplyDeleteI don't miss Orlando a bit, either. I miss people there, but not the city. Aaron misses the vast array of entertainment (ethnic restaurants, late-night bookstores, etc), but I don't even miss that. Not worth it, and never again-- God willing, I think we've decided that we're small-town dwellers.