Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Back in Time

I know it's been over a month since Halloween, but I took pics of dH carving the pumpkin we bought at the flea market. (Go ahead and laugh...it was a huge one for only $5.)

It was so fun the way he got all excited and just up and decided to get one and carve it.

Being an artist, he had no trouble sketching out a face that was suitable and to both our liking. I had my doubts before we actually got the pumpkin, because the faces we both drew on paper left much to be desired. *lol* There's a fine art to face drawing, I have decided. We didn't want him to be absurdly grinning, nor did we want an expression conveying anything remotely akin to anger or disgust. *lol* Forgive the big words...I'm not sure where they are coming from this morning!

So he went to town, cleaned it out and proceeded with the carving. No fancy kit or tools here...we just used one of these great little stainless steel knives you can get around here.

I think it turned out rather well, and it sat on the porch for a week and a half in warm weather and barely made it to Halloween. *lol* He got covered in black spots inside and started rotting. Soo...I don't recommend carving one that far in advance. Heh.

3 comments:

  1. well done! I have trouble cutting up a pumpkin to make soup...lol! have a great day

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truly holy and blessed Christmas to you and yours. :)


    Lovingly and always~ Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to your posts.Haha I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever see you again.lol


    Glad your back! Love the pumpkin too.


    Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year to you both! Oh and the dog too....Has it snowed there? Would you believe we have NO snow here in Ohio? Fog maybe, but no snow.


    Look forward to your posting again soon.


    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete