Friday, May 5, 2006

Sprouting yet?

I finally got motivated to get my sprouter back out yesterday. I should have made that a priority this past winter when nutrient packed foods were more desperately needed in our diets.

I still have a lot of seeds from the sampler pack I ordered from Sprout People. They have such an awesome website! Here it is.

I started some of their pea carnival mix, and also broccoli, which are sprouting surprisingly fast! After just a few hours they were already breaking through their little husks. So far lentils are a favorite, but almonds and sunflowers are really scrummy too. I love the almonds for snacking, and others in salad are the best. Start some today....you'll be glad you did! They're so easy...find a little spot on your counter and let them grow!

4 comments:

  1. I love sprouting and do it in a wide mouth canning jar on my kitchen counter. I've never tried lentils though, maybe I should give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use one wide mouth, and then an easy sprouter, which I love love love. =-) It has a special partition for smaller seeds.


    Oooh...you'll really love lentils. They are crunchy and sweet, and you eat them barely sprouted. Have you tried garbanzos before? I haven't and want to try those too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me and Mom planted a row and a half of wildflowers today. I can\'t wait til they come up! Man I remember one other year when we did that the crickets would get on them and chirp and it would be so loud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas on sprouting - I need to do it more, instead of once in a while. I'll try lentils today. I do like sprouted garbanzo beans. jill

    ReplyDelete