How do you find balance in your health decisions?
I'm really overwhelmed here. Due to some minor health issues with myself, I've been trying to learn alot, research, and find possible negative factors that I can eliminate and hopefully see some difference. I have been on the edge of going to the doctor, but I am so frustrated and feel like that would be giving up before I have done everything I can to "heal" my own body with the tools God has given every one of us.
So my question is, how do you keep from getting overwhelmed? How do you decide what is crucial and affecting your health and what is not? If I want to get it right, I have to get rid of all plastic (basically speaking), toss out the teflon, and get a good filter on our water supply.(Doing that anyway.) But that's just for starters...there's a myriad of smaller things that "could" affect my problems, and things in our diet I'd like to change for general health. I'm starting to come across like Meryl Streep's "Aunt Josephine" in Lemony Snickets. *sigh*
I guess I'm feeling distressed today. Like there's really no hope of exscaping all the toxins we're exposed to...why be miserable knowing about them all and frustrated trying to do something about it without being able to make a significant difference? Life's too short to be worried all the time.
So how do you all do it?
I think instead of being overwhelmed, just do a little bit each day. I like cooking with cast iron. I found a skillet for a dime at a garage sale. Also I use stainless steel. I try to eliminate nitrates and other bad food chemicals and eat lots of salads. We have a purifier that fits on the faucet, which I think helps some. I read restaurant water is healthy because it sits out in pitchers and the chlorine has time to evaporite, so I keep water to drink in a pitcher also. I read the book, The Cancer Answer, and the main points were, drink good water, eat good food, breathe good air, and get good exercise. We have an air purifier too, which helps, especially in the winter. God bless! jill
ReplyDelete