Saturday, September 22, 2012

Birthday Boy



Poor neglected blog. Between all the painting and house projects and the immediate gratification that is Instagram...

I've been kinda missing posting. Here's a little backlog of what has gone on.



Leon's 5th birthday - Pirate themed! 





















I didn't get any other good pics - here are a few from Rebekah. 
















Boys who love pirates beg daddy's for pirate art. Granted. 





Here's the patch for Silas' hat. I finally thought to sew details on it, should have done that for Leon's too. 





Silas loves his outfit sooooo much. Like, a lot. As in he wakes up in the morning and locates all the various parts and puts them on, and has me start laundry if the pants are dirty. So cute. 


Then school started. Whew. 


Tired boy adjusting to a new schedule and Mommy learning how to pack lunches. 




















We also finished the overhaul of the front room. Mantel was refinished and the whole room painted.

















Bye, old green wall. Nice knowin' ya. I birthed a baby with my back against that wall, heh. Didn't remember that til just now.  






 We tucked a few things away for the eventuality that the mantel ever gets pulled out again, including the original label and the old b/w pic we found. 













Funny face on the chandelier that Roan, a former resident, pointed out on one visit. 






Now to decorate. 









See ya, old friend. You might be kinda ugly, but you served us well. 









Finally getting things put together. It takes a little while. I'm really glad I found a way to hang the woven wool textile from Gma Mary. I rescued it from the carport, where mud daubers had built their nests inside. Digging the distressed look. Thanks to Israel for not commandeering his orange chair back. It's perfect. Now I just need another chair for the empty spot in the bedroom. 




Rhythm and Roots happened. 

We had some connections that put us on the roof of CityMac for the Dr. Dog concert. Suh-weet.









And now that this draft has been sitting for a month, it's time to publish and start a new one for the month of October. I guess I'll strive for once-a-month posting these days. 








No comments:

Post a Comment