Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Stitchery

So one of my sis-in-law's had a birthday. Sweet Sixteen - talk about a big one!

I made her a nice wallet and then embroidered a button. She's interested in making her own buttons, and since I don't have a button maker I used a covered button kit. It's the largest size they sell.



I tried to get outside my "matchy" box when it came to colors, and I succeeded I think. I do have a problem with the orange flower though - it doesn't blend like I had in mind. If you do this I recommend starting your threads with a tail instead of a knot. I think they made it hard to assemble the button part.



So that's that. I don't have pics of the wallet, but I used this tutorial from  Craftster.
I've been making a lot of these lately. They're fun and easy.
I make them without a fastening for guys, and with a loop and button for girls.

*Update*

Here's a pic of the wallet. The lighting is bad, but you get the idea. Also someone asked
what she would be using it for I think. She has a messenger type bag that I think she
wants to customize with her own look. So I hope the button will help.




 

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love Craftster??? I am an addict!! LOL I love the button. I wonder what she will do with it???? You will have to keep us updated on that!!!! You did a great job on it.


    God's Blessings,

    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete