Thursday, April 6, 2006

Rainy Random Day

I spent part of the morning out planting the rest of the glad bulbs before they sprout up. When we built the new fence square with the property lines, the old one ran somewhat diagonal, hence having to dig up said bulbs and redistribute them. Whew. The amount of plants on the property is overwhelming, almost. It makes me feel so incompetent. If I'm this overwhelmed with garden and house and animals, how will I manage once a baby comes into play? I really don't know how it's done...I guess one day and child at a time. =-)

More tulips up...a red and also orange one. Oh...and the amaryllis bulbs I brought back from FL have shot up buds and are getting ready to bloom shortly. They're inside on the sun porch in a big pot, along with some ferns and things I hope to keep alive through the winters.

I can't believe how fast things are shooting up with this warmth we're having! The magnolia is putting out leaves...the hostas are coming up like crazy. The money plants have sent up buds and have purple blooms. So very cool....I love this time of year. I am trying to start a garden journal and keep track of what happens when, for future reference, but things are growing too fast! I was also hoping to label the daffodil colors and such so I'll know when I split them next year. Ha. Any tips on that?

It's spring because the ants are making the sojourn indoors. Into the kitchen. For some reason I thought FL was the only place this would happen...that somehow the battle against the critters coming in wouldn't even be an issue. Guess I have to learn the hard way. At least I have some diatomaceous earth handy.(DE for short.) I sprinkled some on the little hostas outside in case the slugs try to come round, and have put some along the windowsills indoors. It irks me to do so, and opening the windows distributes it everywhere. It looks messy and I already struggle with keeping the countertops presentable and dishes put away. I keep convincing myself that it's because spring is in the air and I'm enticed outdoors, but inside methinks this could be a bad habit best nipped in the bud. *grin*

Buck has adjusted to his collar. Though I found out last night that he can still lick where he's not supposed to. I might try to get some green apple spray...I don't feel like driving all the way back to the clinic for a bigger cone. He played just like normal today, chewing on sticks and shaking his rope toy. He could play all day and never get tired. Funny how God brought us the perfect dog for my dH.

No comments:

Post a Comment